Smarty Robot

“The best way to avoid being replaced by a robot is to be the person who makes the robot.”  Ross Atkin,maker of Crafty Robot.

Ross was on the BBC2 Big Life Fix – he’s an engineer who specialises in making technology to help less able people. Some of his projects are on his website here.

Remember Crafty Robot? Here’s a nice gold one!
Ross has just launched a crowdfunder for a more sophisticated version – Smarty Robot. Watch the video below and find out more here. What do you think? My favourites – the Lego robot, the potato robot and the xylophone! Could you be the person who makes the robots?…

This entry was posted in Robots by nic schofield. Bookmark the permalink.

About nic schofield

I’m a primary schools computing technician, interested in teaching children, their teachers & their parents, about IoT, computational thinking and implications of technology on their lives and encouraging children to think critically about technology to influence change in the world.

2 thoughts on “Smarty Robot

1. We are currently marking and watching the Yr 4 dances and still really miss you Mrs Scofield.

• Well hello my Robos! I hope you’re being good, unbiased judges and working hard for Miss G. What’s the best thing you’ve seen all week? Has anyone/ class particularly impressed you? I’m not missing much (it”s sunny!) but I’m missing you 5 & Miss G! Xx