Traffic Lights

Next time you are in a car stuck at traffic lights, or out walking, have a think about the traffic lights – why they’re there and how they work. You could have a go at making some traffic lights in Scratch. The questions I have about traffic lights are in the picture below. Do you have any additional questions? If you can find out any answers please will you let me know by commenting on this post? Thanks!

traffic lights

This entry was posted in Learning projects by nic schofield. Bookmark the permalink.

About nic schofield

I’m a primary schools computing technician, interested in teaching children, their teachers & their parents, about IoT, computational thinking and implications of technology on their lives and encouraging children to think critically about technology to influence change in the world.

3 thoughts on “Traffic Lights

1. If they were not there more accident will occur.They are controlled by a signal controller,in which they are essentially computer signals.To find a signal officer they would be in a large aluminium cabinet in a signalised intersection beside the road .

• Wow Veish, it’s lovely to have you in Code Club and thank you for exploring the blog and commenting 🙂