Everyday Puzzling/ How Stuff Works

As you will have realised by now,  I am a very curious person – always asking questions and wondering about things. This nosiness (usually) has a purpose – I like to understand what things do and how things work – sometimes this is to solve a problem and sometimes it’s to try and improve something – Why is my washing machine broken? Why am I in yet another traffic jam? Since we started Code Club and teaching coding and computational thinking at school, I have found myself curiouser & curiouser (a bit like Alice in Wonderland) and I think that’s a good thing!

I would love to hear what things you wonder about and how you go about finding answers or solving the problem? Sometimes you may not be able to solve a technological problem, because it’s just too big or hard, but you may be able to break down the problem into smaller parts (“decompose” it) and you may realise what you would need to do or understand in order to start solving it (the “inputs”). That’s a great start!

If you comment below on what you are interested in learning more about then we can start to use our combined brains (made even bigger by Tim & Jon and people I can contact on Twitter, or maybe even our friends at Geeks!) and start to try and find out more about it.