For next week have a think about what game studio name and logo you are going to use.
Two files will need to be submitted per team – the game itself along with corresponding Game Documentation .
The closing date for all entries is Friday 30th May. The competition is open to UK school children aged between 7 and 14 at the date of entry. Children must be entered by their school teacher and must be a team of three.
There is no specific theme or audience for the game but it must have a clear storyline, and well thought out characters with a detailed playing environment. You may like to base your game to your current class topic!
There will be three winning teams in each of the following categories:
- Project Spark
- Judges Choice
The top three teams in each category will receive an invitation to present their games to a panel of judges from the games industry at Microsoft Headquarters in Reading. At the end of the day the winners of each category will receive a Surface RT tablet and the overall winning team will take home the Kodu Kup.
- The entry must be the team’s own work.
- There should be three members in each team.
- All team members must be enrolled at the same school.
- All individuals or team members must be within the 7 to 14 age group.
- All entry materials must be submitted in the English language.