There’s cool, and there’s cooler..

If you had one of these, what would you use it for?

21 thoughts on “There’s cool, and there’s cooler..

• I don’t think they are meant to replace your real glasses – they are a bit big & heavy? I am assuming you would put them on specially when there was something in particular you wanted to look at?

1. I love that tagline Nicola. It makes Code Club more greater*.

* I don’t know what word to put. I am trying to say adult y. Oh yeah! Professional that’s it! lol

• Thanks Priya, it’s from the new curriculum – it’s the whole reason we are teaching computing! And I really believe it’s possible for all of you to change the world.

2. That is so amazing. Would this product not be bad for your eyes?. I showed my Mum and these were her words, “WOW”. She literally said that. I thought that too. Then she asked that question so it got me thinking. What about in the future???

• Priya, I don’t know if it would be bad for your eyes. I am fairly sure my eyes are bad because I spend so much time on the computers, and I seriously believe the ipad has made this much worse. But I don’t have proof. Why don’t you investigate the effect of computers and Google Glass type things on your eyes and let me know?

PS About the future – did you see the poster on display in the suite? The page from Ollie’s magazine? It says they are developing contact lenses with built-in cameras and web information, like Google Glass. I wonder how long before they, too, have holographic capability? Would you use them?

3. One day Code Club will be like a computer- world famous. And in the most amazing museum, there will be a statue of you. Underneath it will say, ‘An international club- one inspiration,’

• Yes, and you’ll be rich & famous too, working in Public Relations – “Public relations (PR) is the way organisations, companies and individuals communicate with the public and media. A PR specialist communicates with the target audience directly or indirectly through media with an aim to create and maintain a positive image and create a strong relationship with the audience.”
      You, Shahzeb, would be excellent at it. However, I have you lot marked out to change the world first, so careers in PR can wait!

• Exactly! Do you like the new tagline on the blog? No longer “Watch our progress as we learn to code”.

4. This is epic! I would use it to plane spot. Think about how useful it would be! If you look at a plane in the sky, it could display what airline, what airModel, how many knots it is running on, and where is it headed, as well as degree direction. I am going to start saving up…

• Shahzeb, I can only imagine the things you would use it for. Do you think that one day you might also be able to see the people inside that plane and what they are doing/ watching /eating?