The Scribble Pen

So, what do you think about this pen? More here

• What does it do?
  • How does it do it?
  • Advantages?
  • Drawbacks?
  • How much does it cost to buy? Is it worth it?

12 thoughts on “The Scribble Pen

1. The scribble pen uses laser recognition to identify the colour and then use it to draw. But there may be a few glitches as you can never rely to much on this kind of technology as some colours may not work. The advantage is having so many colours at your disposal the disadvantage is the price… $299.99!!! Ridiculously overpriced in my opinion!

2. It is used as a normal pen. You put it on a object which is the colour that you want and it somehow scans it and makes the ink. You can get any colour you want in just one pen as long as you have the colour! It also has 15 hours of battery life and 30 miles of drawing.

3. It is a pen – it writes. It uses colour recognition and then mixes the colours from the ink cartridge to create the right colour and then slowly lets out the mixed ink. Well the only advantage is that it can create unlimited colours. Drawbacks – at any time it can run out of battery or ink without you knowing. The price – an unbelievable amount of $299.99!

4. I think it works by only having blue red yellow black and white ink in the pen and then mixing them together to make the different colours

5. It scans colours and has a ink capsule that finds the colour.
    It is good because if you find a colour and you do not have a pen or pencil with that colour you could scan the object to get it.

6. This is AWESOME!! I would really like to get one. A lot of pocket money though! Must get saving…! This would be a great resource for the school. I wonder if the price will ever go down…? I would SO like one of these…! It draws for you, it’s battery powerd, the advantage is that you can use your i pad, there is no drawbacks, it costs £106.35, it is SO worth it!!

7. This is AWESOME!! I would really like to get one. A lot of pocket money though! Must get saving…! This would be a great resource for the school. I wonder if the price will ever go down…? I would SO like one of these…!

8. I think that I is useful for the environment because it saves plastic. I am curious about how it works.

9. Seems like a good product however it said on the marketing video that it only has 30 miles of drawing. This may seem like a lot but what when it has ran out? That’s money wasted.

10. The scribble is about £90 ($149.95). When you place the pen on a piece of equipment with a certain colour on it, the pen then picks up that colour and draws with it. I just found a drawback whilst looking at the wooden desk in the I.C.T Suite; this type of wood has lines in it so what colour would the pen pick up?

• Excellent point Priya – you would definitely need a solid block of colour or it would be very confusing! I wonder how big the sensor is that picks up the colour?

11. It uses colour recognition to scan the colour and it will have the certain type of ink and if it doesn’t have the colour it will make the colour with the ink it has.
    It costs £106.35. The advantage is you can get the colour you want.
    I don’t really think there is a drawback.