The Gadget Show Inventors’ Competition

So, now you know who will be the next & best inventors, get going!

Today we looked at lots of inventions from the last 100 years or so and made a timeline of them. We struggled to identify the first camera, washing machine & wireless! We watched excerpts from “Back to the Future II”, which was made 30 years ago, when the “future” was 2015. We saw Hoverboards, fingerprint recognition, talking cars, weird car numberplates – anything else? Then we brainstormed inventions for use in 30 years’ time. Have a think about how you could develop these further and we’ll discuss next week. Comment on any ideas you have below.

Competition details here

Categories:

Mobile Phone

Laptop

TV

Games Console

6 thoughts on “The Gadget Show Inventors’ Competition

1. all smart phones use too much battery power and need to be charged too ofen. i have an idea to make accessory clip on backs to phones that incorporate a solar cells to keep the battery topped up when lying face down on a desk or table!!!!!!

2. I agree with Shahzeb about the holograms, but I was thinking over the weekend about Harry Potter and how they apperate and disapperate. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could do that in 30 years!

3. I think that holograms are quite impressive, but I think that augmented reality would be even more impressive, because of the superimposition of images onto an appropriate place. And it may be the first pair of glasses to have a television receiver. They may be quite amazed at that.

4. I think we could make a game were you would were glasses and you would be in the game for example if your were playing temple run you would be running.

5. Wow! if other people can do it then we can!
    all we need to do is think of an idea, get what what we need, then put them together.
    we can do it! 😉 :]