Look what Jean-Marc found! What a fantastic opportunity. Do let me know if any of you go along – it’s during half term. *Update* here is the application form – only 7 places!
Drop in and join South London Raspberry Jam for an afternoon of varied and fascinating workshops led by young coders and digital makers. Explore the Micro Bit and coding linked to robots and physical computing; wearables and neopixels; gaming and networking and the Internet of Things.
The workshops will be developed by young coders who will spend a day learning about new developements in coding and digital making with industry experts from the Microbit Foundation, Raspberry Pi Foundation, Github and Computers at School (CAS). They will then pass on their knowledge and skills to you through hands-on workshops and activities:
- Build a WordPress page. Display your favourite artwork from the Tate’s collection; upload a one minute video clip and develop an ‘About me’ page
- Discover how to create an Internet of Things device using a Micro Bit to broadcast tweets and Node RED to explore positive and negative images
- Play with an Arduino processor, buttons, LEDs, resistors and more with our physical computing fanatics from South London Makerspace
- Immerse yourself in a virtual world of your own creation with a few lines of code, courtesy of Coderdojo
- Collaborate in creating a mural using an augmented reality powered app called Visualizar
- Explore and create wearable technology with the fabulous Lorraine Underwood and Tania Fish.