The first DIY Gamer Kit is built!

With a little help from her Dad, lots of soldering and a few bugs to fix, here it is:

Well done! I am meeting someone tonight who may be able to help the rest of us…

This entry was posted in Code Club projects by nic schofield. Bookmark the permalink.

About nic schofield

I’m a primary schools computing technician, interested in teaching children, their teachers & their parents, about IoT, computational thinking and implications of technology on their lives and encouraging children to think critically about technology to influence change in the world.

9 thoughts on “The first DIY Gamer Kit is built!

1. I’ve asked my Dad to help me make mine and get me a soldering iron. I didn’t understand how Priya made it so fast! 🙂

2. Very good!!!
    We can’t do it to complex and also my dad won’t let me use a soldering iron (I wonder why?)
    What games does it play and how do you work it?

• I have a plan for making them after half term, don’t worry.

3. I have made it too, but unfortunately, our soldering kit was what I called a, “Shimmy-Shank,” There was no solder!!! We got a refund, but when we went to get another one, they had sold out! So we have to get it next month. But, Priya’s is very, very impressive. I would recommend watching the video on the Technology Will Save Us website- it explains how its put together, and explains what each component does.
    Well done Priya!!!

• Oh dear Shahzeb, sorry to hear about the “Shimmy-Shank” but glad to hear you will “solder on”! That’s perseverance.
      Tim, Jon & I met a man last night who explained a lot about soldering and looked at the kits with us, so we are now better placed to help. I am looking at getting some soldering irons.