Summer Term

**Update – Code Club will start on Tuesday 1st May – I will let you know next week if you have a place **

I have had some ideas for the summer term and I think we will work independently on designing Micro:Bit challenges set by myself, Tim, Linda & Jon. They will involve crafty design as well as programming but you will need:

• an interest in programming and computational thinking
  • a love of DT/ craft/ design
  • to be self-motivated and be able to work on your own or with a partner (equally though)
  • to be prepared to put effort in outside of school (evidence please)
  • to be a contributor to the Blog and to demonstrate that you have posted interesting comments on a school blog in the past

Please comment below if you’d like to join as we will have limited numbers due to messy work! Priority will go to interested year 6 children. I am not yet sure when Code Club will start this term, probably in May but I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. It will be on Tuesday after school.

15 thoughts on “Summer Term

1. I am really interested in coding and am excited for this years code club.
    I think i will be a good part of the team and enjoy working with computers. I think micro bits re one of my strong areas and would love to do more.
    I would like to be a professional gamer or design the next Fortnite/minecraft game. I have lots of really good game ideas and want the tools to be able to make them for real and bring my dreams alive.
    I also promise to go on the code club blog more as I’ve been really lazy and lost focus during the Robot blog.

2. I love coding and I was part of code club. I got distinction in the bebras competition. I absolutely love dt, craft, art and ict. I like working in partners and by myself and when working in a group I let everyone share their ideas. I will put effort in outside of school because I was part of code club and that meant putting effort in outside of school. I will contribute to the blog every week and when I was part of code club I explained my reasoning.

3. hi i’m Nihal and I know about microbit a bit I like coding also I have a team we working on a car we are controling from the phone and we will show it in event called coolest projects. If you want you can come and see our project and other a lot of project. Adress of the event is http://coolestprojects.org/

4. That sounds amazing I love coding ,especially now I’ve done Robo,and the arty side of it sounds fun too.I am willing to work with a partner fairly and go home to continue the project. BBC microbits are really cool as well!I think I may have a microbit at home(if I can find it.)I’m really excited to continue coding at secondary school.

5. Wow this sounds like a challenge! But I’m ready and would love to participate. Coding, programming and computing interest me greatly. DT and craft are some of my favourite subjects anywhere. I’ll try my best and motivate myself and others. I do lots of clubs but am sure I could spare some time for this project. I post comments on blogs (especially code club and Year 6 blogs!) Toby Year 6

• Not sure yet, Julia, but read this post for how to apply.

6. I would love to be part of code club again. Everyone is so friendly. ICT is my favorite subject to (especially coding). Coding is a great skill to have.It is so fun, and Mrs schofield is a great teacher. I love posting on the blog. I am also happy to do micro bits any time.I really hope I can be in code club again.

Lizzie year5

7. Now that it’s the Easter Holiday, I’m going to have to go on the blog a lot! (Not that I don’t want to.)

8. Also, I have never been to Code Club because of my clubs, but now it has been put in a different time slot. I am looking forward if I can go, but I hope for the best! (Especially the Micro Bits!)

9. Hi! I’m Daniel (Y6) and on first thoughts, this looks like a really enjoyable thing to do. Because most of my week is just staying at home with nothing to do, I am hoping that I can join Code Club.
    Furthermore, I have a lot of Computing/ Software/ Coding background (my big brother, my dad and my uncle, who have jobs on lots of areas of ICT, except from my big brother, who is in high school).
    I wish the best of my request.
    -Daniel.

10. I would love to be part of this!

an interest in programming and computational thinking
    a love of DT/ craft/ design
    I love dt and art and think I would be quite useful.

to be self-motivated and be able to work on your own or with a partner (equally though)
    I think I am good working in a team and everyone would be treated fairly.

to be prepared to put effort in outside of school (evidence please)

I would definitely put in 110% effort all the time and would post on the blog and divote time during break/lunch

to be a contributor to the Blog and to demonstrate that you have posted interesting comments on a school blog in the past

I was in code club last term and enjoyed posting on the blog (I hope they were interesting!) and would love to be part of this as well.

Harriet year6

• Thank you Harriet, and also for your lovely comment to the Robo team 🙂