Scratch Challenge

I was so impressed by your ideas in Code Club chat this week that here’s a challenge for you to show next week:

Make any AI “Scarecrow” in Scratch:

• Animals (at least 3 sprites) appear randomly on a suitable background
  • These will be sensed by your scarecrow and they will disappear – how will they be sensed?
  • The “Scarecrow” (what will it look like – is it even visible?) will use a different deterrent that you have researched to scare off each animal (Katie & Rosie this could be a swarm of drone bees for your elephant!)

Here’s a link to the previous article. There may be a prize….

This entry was posted in Code Club projects by nic schofield. Bookmark the permalink.

About nic schofield

I’m a primary schools computing technician, interested in teaching children, their teachers & their parents, about IoT, computational thinking and implications of technology on their lives and encouraging children to think critically about technology to influence change in the world.

22 thoughts on “Scratch Challenge

• Sorry didn’t know it would switch to a link when I posted it. Ignore the instructions.

1. I’m using a lion, fox and elephant but things i am going to use to scare them off is a surprise!! I’m finding this quite challenging to bring my ideas to life.

2. Sometimes the broadcasting interferes with eachother and then it gets confusing! If you realise its going to happen, then tackle it early to avoid getting stuck!

• I am half way as well, some bits got really confusing though and I had to debug!

• also I had trouble saving on my computer so I can not really carry on ):

• He’s always been a good boy, it was nice to see him briefly last week! It’s a lovely project, thank you.

• My scratch project goes on forever. I’ve got 3 sprites. The elephant is scared of bees; the lion is scared of fire and the horse is scared of a dog.

• It’s fab! See my comments on the Project page. Thank you Dave, that coding looks complicated!

• Could you add some more animals, Daniel, with different deterrents?