Create your own Google Doodle!

Next week is Hour of Code week!!

Here are a few nice Scratch projects:

Google Doodle

LGfL has a similar project – and this one has a PRIZE!!

“Most creative use of code will win a small bag of computing goodies!”

To win this, you must send me a link to your project so I can share it on Twitter. if it doesn’t work below you can try the project here.

And now Scratch has one too:

Well done Harriet, a very appropriate message for a healthy school!

This entry was posted in Code Club projects by nic schofield. Bookmark the permalink.

About nic schofield

I’m a primary schools computing technician, interested in teaching children, their teachers & their parents, about IoT, computational thinking and implications of technology on their lives and encouraging children to think critically about technology to influence change in the world.

32 thoughts on “Create your own Google Doodle!

1. There are a lot of options for each letter, it is cool how there are matching ones, a good suggestion could be that annually, as there are a lot of special occasions they could update it, for example when it is Halloween there could be a Halloween letter. It is tricky to decide which option to choose from.

2. I thoroughly enjoyed making my own google doodle and this has made me want to do this when I’m older.

3. There are so many different Google Doodles to make! It might even be impossible to find them all, because there will always be a new one waiting to be discovered!

4. Cool! I think it’s really good that we have all these coding competitions, weeks and challenges. It makes coding even more enjoyable.

• Alazoa, I could only find a (lovely) Christmas Google picture with no scripts? Can you add the link to this comment please?

• Well done, Harriet, it’s fabulous and I’ve added it to the blog 🙂
      Are you going to try the LGFL one? LGfL is the company that provides our school broadband, Busy Things, email etc if that gives you a hint of a theme?! There’s a prize..

• Well done – it’s looking good. I’m not sure that eating 5 fruits a day stops your teeth going rotten – it’s more for a healthy diet/ vitamins/ fibre/ minerals!

• Hi Harriet, I suggest you click on the link I’ve just added. I think it needs debugging? But then you can animate the 3 Logo sprites they have added – you could also add a Merton Park sprite just to be cheeky? Copy if off the school website. Or make it Christmassy maybe?