It’s really important that we think very carefully about e-safety and netiquette when we blog. E-safety is all about how we keep ourselves and others safe in the very public world of the internet. Netiquette refers to the manners we use on the internet. This blog is the bit of our school that the rest of the world sees – how do you want the world to think of us?
The first rule we have is ONLY use your first name, not your full name. Your email address will not be shown on the blog when you enter it so don’t worry about using your school email address for this.
Here are the other rules:
- If there are questions in the post you are commenting on, then answer them! This is good comprehension practice.
- Always write in full sentences, remembering spelling, punctuation and grammar when you can.
- Comments such as “Cool!” or “Amazing!” or “I want one”, will only be published if they go on to justify why you think that. Give good, clear reasons.
- Always be respectful and kind, even if you disagree with something.
- Dont forget to check back to see if others have replied to your comment and respond to these replies.Discussing and debating are really good ways of learning and finding things out! Keep the discussion relevant to the original post.
- You can add relevant pictures to your comments.